Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

some kind of big news.

i'm home alone (which is kind of nice) with nothing to do (because i had such a busy day yesterday) and extremely bored. i'm thinking i should have left something un-done yesterday so that i had something to do today.

not that there's not plenty of stuff i could be doing, but it's all big projects and stuff i didn't feel like starting without being able to finish. (deep clean laundry room, deep clean kitchen cabinets, deep clean nursery.)

(i may be nesting just a little. or turning into my mother.)

sooo. onto different, more exciting things. whoop whoop.











I GOT ACCEPTED TO NURSING SCHOOL!!!!




yes, it's just the practical nursing program here at RMCC, but it's a BIG step forward for stephen and me. (a BIG step AWAY from walmart. this in in itself is muy importante.)

it's a step towards making other things possible -- being able to have a good paying job while stephen finishes his teaching degree, firstly.

it's going to tough, i KNOW. classes are supposed to start, like, 5 days after my due date. yikes, right? but it's one of those gotta-do-it-now things that i just can't put off.

the plan: leave walmart at the end of july, be induced at 38 weeks, have 3 weeks before classes start to spend with my precious new baby, then be a full-time nursing student for 11 months (minus one Christmas break and one spring break.)

and even though i know this is going to be one of the hardest things i have ever done, i am SO, SO, SO excited. i have wanted to be a nurse since i was in high school -- i was a nursing major for my first three semesters at henderson state university, before i switched my major to teaching and QUICKLY learned i did not want to do that for the rest of my life. and i know i'm taking the L-O-N-G way there, i will be an RN one day... eventually. this is just the best place for me to start, so that my classes and clinicals are in the same town as my newborn baby, you know...

(something else i want to do eventually is finish my bachelors in general studies from hsu -- something i'm about 12 hours away from completing. we'll see.)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Good luck!!
    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Stephanie you can so do this and it will be a relief to have a job that will not only pay better, but make you feel like you are really doing something important.

    And it will be hard with the new baby, but again it all depends on how bad you want it. It helps me to think about after I get done with all this college we will have a better, less stressful life. Only a short time for a big payoff!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph