Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

gotta give him credit

i promised to write today... as i start this post it's 11:56, so i'm gonna say it counts!

as far as writing about something -- i'm afraid i'm still having writer's block.

nono, wait. i do have something that is TOTALLY blog-worthy! plus, the hubby would beat me if i didn't write about this!

so in my previous post i whined about discussed how exhausted/swollen/beat i was from going back to work after having 5/6 days off. what i didn't mention (because i was so dadgum tired) was that i had a BIG treat waiting on me when i got home from work at 9 pm last night.

the HUBBY cleaned HOUSE!

and i don't mean he just put the dirty dishes in the sink and stuffed the dirty clothes under the bed and sprayed febreze around the place to make the smell coming from the trash can disappear... i mean he actually CLEANED!

vacuumed, folded a load of towels i had done, started another load of towels, cleaned up a mess i had made making crafts, MADE THE BED, put his dirty clothes in the dirty clothes basket, (this is a big one!) cleaned the bathroom countertops -- WITH scrubbing bubbles, and cleaned the toilet. AND he mowed the back yard. i nearly cried. i was so happy to be able to go to bed and not think about all the cleaning i was going to have to do this morning. what's so funny is he did all this between 5:30 and 9:00 because when i came home from lunch at 4:30 the house was a wreck and i made a comment about how messy it was. he told me he didn't want me to have to spend my weekend cleaning the house. awwwww. so sweet.

i may have mentioned to him at some point that i sometimes gripe write about things he does or does not do around the house, which might have led to him cleaning for me. either way, i assured him i would brag ALL about him on my blog and make sure he gets full kudos for a job well done.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for coming home to a freshly cleaned house!! That was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! I'm hoping the stuff will do well at Herod's. I make baby boy burpies and binky clips, so if your little boy turns out to be a binki baby just let me know. Binki clips come in major handy when your out and about.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph