Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Anniversary Trip

Stephen recently changed to a different position at Walmart.  He’s worked at WM for SEVEN long years, and all of them have been within the electronics department.  He recently made a move to ICS – Inventory Control System, working mainly in the back.  We both agreed that it was time for him to make a move, for several different reasons.  The best was because this ICS position means he works 7-4 shifts every day!  It will be SO SO SO nice to have him home by 4:15 every afternoon!  I am really excited about it and so is he.

However, it’s 10:49 and he’s in bed. And I’m not. This is SO backwards for me!  We are both night owls, but usually it’s me who’s always in bed first or begging him to go to bed.  Tonight I am staying up a little later than him because I had an online quiz that I didn’t do during the day today (I didn’t do much of ANYTHING today.  It’s been a weird week for me, thanks to a certain AUNT of mine…. if you catch my drift. Sorry, Dad. Read on.)

Anyway, my quiz is finished and I just wanted to post a short blog about mine and Stephen’s anniversary trip last week!

Last Tuesday, the 21st of September, was mine and Stephen’s 2-year anniversary!  He had to work 1-10 that day (See?  That’s the kind of stuff we’re not going to miss about Electronics!) so we didn’t spend a lot of time together.  We had been planning an anniversary trip for several months!  At first we had thought we would go to Hot Springs, but eventually decided to go to Branson.  Also originally we thought we would spend 2 nights away, but we ended up just doing 1 night away, so it was a quick trip, but I was glad we just spent a day away from the C-monster.

Thursday morning we got up and got ourselves and Christopher packed and ready.  We dropped Christopher off at my parents house and left Mena around 10:45.  We had planned on getting around earlier, but it just didn’t happen.  It worked out okay, though, because we hit Fort Smith at lunchtime, and we stopped at our all-time favorite pizza place, Geno’s

We made it to Branson by about 3:30 or 4:00 and went straight to Tanger’s Outlet Mall and spent several hours shopping there.  We mainly bought stuff for Christopher!  They had a lot of great sales going on both summer and fall clothes.  We loaded up on some great 24 month summer outfits and several cute fall outfits as well.

After we left Tanger’s, we stopped at Krispy Kreme and got a free hot, fresh donut.  Yum.  We also picked out a few for breakfast the next morning.  :)  Next, we headed towards our hotel.  On the way there we noticed that the Titanic museum would sell its last “tour ticket” at 8:00, and it was almost 7:30 at this point.  We had already decided that the Titanic was the one attraction we both wanted to do, so we decided to pull on in and do that.  It’s something that I’ve wanted to do for a long time.  It was really neat and interesting.  It’s the largest Titanic museum in the world and they have lots of neat artifacts, etc.  Unfortunately, there was no photography allowed so I wasn’t able to take pictures of anything.  One neat thing about it was that they had a tub of 28-degree water (the temperate of the ocean on the night that the Titanic sank) that you could stick your hand/arm in and time how long you could keep it in.  I think I kept my hand in for about 5 seconds.  It was COLD. And my hand was cold for a long time after I pulled it out!  Another thing I thought was neat was that they had examples of the degree of the boat at different time while it was sinking.  In something like 20 or 30 minutes the boat went from a slight incline to nearly straight up and down.  It was interesting to see how hard it would be to hold on to the deck/railing without falling.

After we were done with the Titanic museum, we ate at Shorty Small’s.  This was once one of my favorite places to eat, but it’s just not as good to me anymore.  I still love their mozzarella sticks, but that’s about it.  The last 2 times I have been there I just wasn’t impressed with their food.  We went on to our hotel - Best Western Music Capital Inn – highly recommend it!  Stephen snored something awful though. :) I kept waking up and thinking hurry up morning! I was so thankful when I finally opened my eyes and saw sunlight coming through the window.  Haha!

We were up, showered, dressed, and packed by NINE O’CLOCK! That is crazy for us.  Especially since part of getting away was to sleep in.  Just didn’t happen for us in a strange bed with strange pillows!  We grabbed some juice from the Continental breakfast and enjoyed our Krispy Kremes.  :) 

We spent the morning at The Landing and had a DELICIOUS lunch at Cantina Laredo. Their beef quesadillas are so.ridiculously.delicious.

We headed home after lunch.  I was MORE than ready to see my little man!  We did make one stop in Fayetteville at the mall because I wanted to find myself a new Razorback shirt for the big Arkansas/Alabama game on Saturday.  I went to Houndstooth and found Christopher a cute onesie, but it was CRAZY busy in there – probably people buying red shirts for the “Red Out” on Saturday so I didn’t buy myself anything.  I also tried the U of A Bookstore in the mall – but it was just as crowded there too.  So we headed on home. 

We had SUCH a great time – even though I took zero pictures. :(  Fail! I did, however, take a picture of all of the clothes we bought for C after we got home.  haha!

09 24 10_0405

The bottom two rows of clothes (4 pairs of shorts, 2 sleeveless shirts, and 6 polos) are all 24-month summer clothes that we got for $0.99 a piece at The Children’s Place. SCORE! Everything else is long-sleeved stuff for fall/winter, jeans/khaki/brown pants, or footed pajamas.  I looove footed jammies for winter.  I sleep much better knowing that Christopher’s whole arms, legs, and feet are covered from the chilly air, especially since he won’t keep a blanket over him.

The only thing not pictured above is the WooPigSooie onesie I bought at Houndstooth…

09 24 10_0416 09 24 10_0423

He makes an ADORABLE Razorback fan, if I do say so myself!!!!!!!!!!

This “short” anniversary blog has turned into a short story. Ha! Must sleep now.  No school tomorrow, but still – Christopher has been getting up between 7 and 8 so I need to hit the hay!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Stephen has been working there for that long already! I remember when he started working there [or at least when I first met him after he started working there]. Does he like ICS so far? I hope it's going well. The hours sound way better!

    Can you believe my husband has never been to Branson? One of these days, we will go! =)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph