Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hummingbirds

For some reason the hummingbirds have been extra hungry recently!  For awhile this summer I only saw one or two hummingbirds occasionally, but about a week ago I noticed I had several of them fluttering around the feeder outside our front window.  This summer I would change out their food maybe once a month… but in the last two weeks, they have gone through two bottles of food!  Yesterday when I got home from school, (about 4:00) I refilled it, and here it is less than 24 hours later – 3/4 gone!  There have been 7 or 8 hummingbirds feeding on it all day long!  In fact, before I even got it hung back up yesterday I had TWO swarming around my head and face ready to dig in!  I don’t know what the deal is – why they are so hungry, or why I have so many, but I love watching them!

09 08 10_0354 09 08 10_0352

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph