Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

shopping. pictures. runny noses.

I blinked, and the one-week “vacation” from school was over!  I had a great week with my boys, even if it did go by WAY too fast!

Yesterday my mom and I went to Texarkana and did some shopping.  It is SO much easier to get out of town and do stuff now that Christopher is older.  I don’t have to worry about taking a ton of bottles and formula, or baby food, etc, etc.  He seems to like his portable DVD player, which has made car rides MUCH nicer on him and Mommy both!  He can eat off most menus and he does fine in a stroller!  The hardest part about trips is that he doesn’t really sleep well in his carseat – he just prefers his bed.  So even when he is really sleepy, he may only sleep for 20 minutes or so before he jerks awake and can be a bit fussy.  But as long as he has a DVD playing or someone sitting next to him, he does fine.

We ran all over T-town and I bought several fun things. I sooo want to move there. :(

This rug was the main reason I wanted to go out of town.  I had a $5 off coupon for it.  It’s from Kirklands Home.  I loooove Kirklands.  I told Stephen that someday, when we have money and can buy a bigger, nicer house, I want to decorate my whole house with stuff from Kirklands.09 06 10_0283
I didn’t buy this yesterday, but it’s from Kirkland’s, too.  I just snapped a picture of it because it’s right next to my front door.  I heart fall.
09 06 10_0289

I also love the soaps from Bath & Body Works.  I know this is crazy, but it’s the only place that I buy soap!  We’ve been refilling our old ones with water and shaking them up, trying to get as much use as possible out of them, because I’ve needed more for several weeks and this was the first time I’ve been able to get to the mall and buy some!  They had all their Halloween stuff out, and I picked up this fun scent for our bathroom.
09 06 10_0296

Zombie Squad, Candy Corn, and Vampire Blood are some of their other Halloween Scents.  The Fresh Lime Basil just looked yummy to me.  These are little containers of anti-bacterial hand gel.  I’ve been wanting some and they had a sale on it, 5 for $5.  I bought two Vampire Bloods – one for my SIL Britney.
09 06 10_0291

I bought this pretty at Lowe’s.  My MIL has one, too.  It’s a butterfly, and it has a little LED light inside of it, so at dusk it kicks on and is illuminated with all different colors – blue, green, purple, pink, red.  I love it!
09 06 10_0286  

I also bought two of these little potting bowls on sale for $2 at Lowe’s.09 06 10_0292 

I forgot to take a picture of the thing I bought that I like best – a new fall garden flag.  I’ll have to take a picture of it later and post it.

Christopher spends every Tuesday afternoon with my MIL so that I can work on homework, housework, grocery shopping, etc.  It’s so nice to know that I can have a few hours of alone time at the house every week.  Today I got caught up on homework and got myself a 1/2 price drink.  My house – not so much!  haha.  Stephen cleaned up for me a bit last night before Christopher and I got home from Texarkana.  I took a Benadryl tonight after I put Christopher to bed, so after I’m done with this post I’m going to park my hiney on the couch and watch DVR’d episodes of Who’s the Boss and try to wind down for bed.  I don’t know why, but I’ve been having a hard time sleeping on the nights before I go to class.

Christopher is a little congested with a runny nose, so he spent today just bummin’ around in his PJs.  He is an unbelievably good child – he was sick yesterday too, while Momma was dragging him all T-town.  Even though I know he feels yucky, he is still sweet and smiling and in a great mood. Here are a few pics I caught of him after I picked him up from his Nana’s house.

 {Please excuse the runny nose.}
09 06 10_0297 09 06 10_0302 09 06 10_0308 09 05 10_0318 09 05 10_0321

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph