Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

New.

Yesterday I did 2 new things.

First, I went to Sunday School.  I haven’t been to Sunday School since I was in high school, but my church just started a new class for married couples ages 20-30.  The class is going to focus on the newly married couple, raising children, finances, etc…  I think it will be a very beneficial class for me and I really, really wish that Stephen didn’t work on Sundays and could go to it with me.  Anybody know how awkward it is to go to a couples class by yourself?  I know most of the other couples in the class, and everybody in there understands that Stephen works on Sundays, but still… I wish he was there with me.

The 2nd new thing I did yesterday was start the Couch to 5K (C25K) program! I heard about this probably a year ago, and I’ve wanted to do it ever since.  I have always wanted to be able to “go for a jog.”  I don’t know what it is about jogging, but I’ve always thought that it would be so therapeutic.  The C25K program gets you up off the couch and running a 5K (3.1 miles) in 9 weeks.  It works you up to it gradually.  I downloaded the C25K app on my iPhone when I got it back in JUNE, but yesterday was the first time I’ve used it.  Ha!

The reason I started the C25K yesterday is because I am signing up to participate in a Race for the Cure 5K in Texarkana on October 16th.  I will be walking for Team Teale, in honor of family friend Amie Teale, was passed away this summer.  You can read more about the Texarkana Walk for the cure and Team Teale here. I also pledged to raise $125.00.  If you’d like to help me out and donate a few dollars towards finding a cure for breast cancer, click here.

I am not participating in the competitive 5K, but I would still like to jog part of it.  It is 4 1/2 weeks away.  I should be able to jog about 1 mile non-stop at that point, so that is what I am going to shoot for!  I know that some people would laugh at my goal of jogging 1 mile, but that is a big goal for me, and I will only make bigger goals after I have achieved this one.  Eventually I want to run a half marathon!  Maybe next fall?  We’ll see.

I think the 2 new things I did yesterday are going to be really great for me in the long-run.

And because I haven’t posted pictures of the little man in awhile, here are a few for the aunts, uncles, and grandparents! I caught him standing on his Bouncing Turtle!  He squatted down before I could get a picture of him standing on it… but you get the drift!09 09 10_0409 09 09 10_0407

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph