Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

warning: walmart rant to follow

walmart is seriously such a bad employer.  don't get me wrong - i'm thankful to have a job, and i'm thankful my husband has a job, etc etc etc.  but y'all -- listen to this crap.

the electronics department was short-staffed all.freaking.Christmas.season.

then, after the holidays, they (whoever does the hiring in our stupid store) brought in a full-time associate from a different store for the electronics department.  (a 50-year old woman with absolutely ZERO electronics experience.  zero.)  40 hours a week.  THEN, they (whichever idiot manager decides where and who to cut hours) decided to cut hours from the THREE associates who have been in the department the longest.  (my husband, who's been there 6 years, and two other associates who have been there 2+ years.)  the other two associates in the electronics department (that would be the NEW GIRL IN THE DEPARTMENT and a guy who's been there a few months) did NOT get their hours cut.

that's about clear as mud, right?

i really, really, really hate walmart so freakin much seriously dislike being/being married to/having anything to do with being an associate there.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that happened to you guys. I do agree WM can be a pain in the you-know-what sometimes. There are many times that I HATE being married to a co!Keep your head up, and remember, God has a plan for you guys! Just follow him and have faith!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph