Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Week in the Life, Day 5

My days are getting more and more boring. Who thought this was a good idea???

Monday, September 17, 2012

8:30 – Up, write yesterday’s “Day in the Life,” browse online. Stephen took C to school, so I’m home alone. I have a long to-do list today but I’m procrastinating…not a good sign considering it’s the beginning of the day.
9:30-10:30 – eat breakfast. more procrastinating.
10:30-12:00 – pull out my school stuff and finally start working on homework. I watch lectures online, (Zzzzzz…) read, do online homework, more lectures.
12:00-1:00 – eat lunch (hot dogs, if you’re curious) and watch TV. I’ll give you three guesses.
1:00-4:00 – more homework. I actually ended up getting a lot accomplished today, despite my attempts at procrastination earlier in the day… ha! 
4:00 – Stephen gets home from work and we start working on dinner together. (White Chicken Chili. delish!)
4:30 – dinner’s in the crock pot, Stevo and I leave to pick up C from daycare
5:00 – back home! I play games with Christopher, prep for dinner (grate cheese, wash cilantro, etc.) clean up the mess in the kitchen from throwing dinner together earlier
5:30 – start watching Elmo’s World in my bedroom with Christopher
6:00 – dinner time!
6:30-7:15 – clean up from dinner, finish Elmo’s World. We laid on my bed while we watched it. I’ve been trying to be aware of my time with Christopher. He’s at daycare all day, several days a week, so I try to get all of my “stuff” taken care of while he’s gone, so that my time with him in the evenings is as free as possible. By the time 4 or 4:30 comes around, I’m just itching to go pick him up! I still want him to be able to play on his own, independently – which he does so well. But I still want to be there for him, even if it’s just sitting next to him while he watches television. I don’t spend every minute next to him from the time he gets home until bedtime. But I try not to be too busy, either.
7:15-7:45 – bath time for C. He loves bath time. I usually add bubbles to his bath and he loves to play with bath toys – trains and boats. I turn on the water and let it run and he plays after his bath for several minutes. Tonight we ended up throwing bubbles at each other and he giggled so hard. Those are the moments I live for. After we tuck C into bed, I take a shower and then afterwards Stephen wanted to watch MORE Criminal Minds. Apparently I’ve gotten him addicted, too. Haha! And that’s what we’re doing now. (9:51) Bedtime will probably be around 11.

Goodness. Am I boring y’all to death with my Days in the Life yet? Snooore.

I snuck in to check on Christopher a few minutes ago. Yes, I still do that basically every single night. I took a picture. =) ha! I think my flash bothered him.
IMG_3903

When we tucked him in, Elmo was on “his own pillow” up by Christopher’s pillow. At some point, Elmo and his pillow got kicked down to the other end of the bed. Ha! Kid cracks me up.IMG_3900

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph