Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week in the Life, Day 2

heeeeyyy, check it out. day 2!

Friday, September 14. 2012

7:40 – Christopher starts my day way earlier than I would prefer for him to
7:40-8:15 – breakfast for C, I sit on the couch and zone out.
8:15-9:00 – Christopher watches 2 episodes of Elmo’s World, I eat my breakfast
9:00-10:00 – Christopher and I hang out in the front yard, I weed the flower bed, he rides his bicycle in the driveway
10:00-11:00 – back inside, clean up, C plays with toys, I browse Pinterest for lunch ideas
11:00-12:10 – run errands – Stephen’s office for his paycheck, bank deposit, grocery store for 3 items for lunch
12:15 – get home and realize my oven and stovetop are not working because of gas problem (see bottom of post for details)
12:15-12:45, call Stevo, he suggests we go eat lunch somewhere, my brother shows up, Stephen comes home from work, we decide to all go get pizza buffet for lunch together
1:00-2:00 lunch with {some of} my people
2:00-3:45 – Christopher naps, I watch 2 episodes of Criminal Minds (although I really should nap instead)
3:45-5:00 – Christopher watches television (Elmo) and plays with toys while I browse online, make hotel reservations for War Eagle with my mom in October (so excited!), random other things
5:00-6:00 – start making dinner while Christopher plays with toys (he’s such a good self-entertainer) Stevo popped in to change his clothes and say goodbye to us before he left for the football game. I played with C while my chicken was cooking.

IMG_3890

6:00-6:30 – eat dinner, clean up, use bribery to get C to eat
6:30-7:00 – we go outside to play, Christopher rides his bike again (see aforementioned bribery)

IMG_3891

7:00-7:40 – Christopher’s bath time, brush/floss teeth, we read three books he picks out
7:45 – C goes to bed, prayers, night night sleep tight!
7:45-8:00 – I pick up/clean up a little, settle down with another episode of Criminal Minds
8:00ish – my parents knock on my front door, they visit for about 30 minutes
8:30-11:30Criminal Minds and blogging
11:30 – Stevo finally got home from the game/work
11:30-12:30 watch TV with Stephen, bedtime

**So, apparently there was some sort of huge gas leak or something that happened a few days ago, and basically everybody in town – including restaurants and the hospital – had NO natural gas connection because it had to be turned off. We have a gas stove and oven, but we check it last night and we were able to turn it on. So, Stephen and I thought that we had lucked out and kept our gas. Fast forward to lunch today: I was wanting something for lunch that I’d seen on Pinterest, but I needed one thing for it. (I hate it when that happens.) I actually needed to do a big shopping trip, but I just wasn’t up for making a long WalMart trip by myself, so I decided to run to our small grocery store to pick it up. When I got home, I turned on the stovetop to get a pan hot. The flame started and I went to work prepping other things while my pan was getting warm. Several minutes later, I threw some meat on my pan and realized that it wasn’t quite hot enough yet, as my meat didn’t sizzle. I thought it was strange…and eventually realized that the gas wasn’t working. Apparently we were just using what little bit of gas was left in the pipe? Anyway, it kind of ruined my lunch plans and I was back at square one – basically no food at home, not even bread for sandwiches. SO, lunch out. Thankfully, my gas was turned back on before dinner so I was able to make these Chicken Cordon Bleu Wraps. (They were yummy!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph