Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

First Day of Internship!

Today was my first day of Internship and I just wanted to take a quick minute to document it!

I am interning at Acorn.  I think that I am going to really enjoy it!  My cooperating teacher is very nice and I am looking forward to the next semester!!

The past few years I have struggled with a little bit of anxiety when it came to school and classes. In December when I did my first public school “teach” at Mena, I was SO nervous I thought I was going to be sick. And all I had to do was teach one teeny tiny lesson to a group of well-behaved students in one classroom for one period. And at college I had some major test anxiety – mainly in classes like Accounting and Business Law.  BUT, I must have had a lot of people praying for my nerves last night and today because I was not nervous at all last night! I was at complete ease all day yesterday and I slept fine last night. I really had no reason to be nervous, so I wasn’t. But I don’t think I’ll be nervous at all this semester.

As far as today – it went great! I was tired from going to bed too late and not having any caffeine in my system at all. I need to become a coffee drinker. I gotta have something to wake me up in the mornings!  I went to school, met the principal, and basically observed in the business classes all day long! It was super easy.

As soon as school was out, I went to pick Christopher up from his babysitter. (I need to do a whole separate post on Christopher SOON!)  I was so happy to see him and to learn that he had a very good day. We came home and spent a few minutes with Stephen before I had to head to Bunco with the girls! Bunco seemed to last forever tonight and by the time I got home from there it was after 7:00.  Right after I got home, Stephen and I went over to his mom’s house to meet my mom to talk about the house! I haven’t mentioned it on here yet, but Stephen and I are moving into his mom’s house while our house is on the market. We are really hoping to get our house sold by this summer but I did not want to have to deal with having it on the market while I was student teaching… since her house has been unoccupied since September, we are moving in there and that way we will be able to leave our house for sale, keep it clean and uncluttered, etc. Much easier on everybody.  We will stay at her house until we know where I will be teaching next fall and then go from there…

By the time I got home, put Christopher to bed, read him Goodnight, Moon (twice) got my clothes ready for tomorrow and cleaned up the kitchen, it was nearly 9:00. I. AM. EXHAUSTED.

I know that today will not be the norm – go go go until 9 pm. It was a good first day for internship though!

I’m ready for bed now – Stephen and I have been watching Frasier on Netflix at night after we get in bed. I’m pretty sure I won’t make it through a whole episode before turning over to fall asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph