Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Almost Halfway!

I’m trucking along through Orientation. I had great plans to do a lot of catching up on blogging and even making a trip to Hot Springs or Texarkana to do a little bit of shopping… but so far all I’ve done is come to the apartment, turned on the TV, and park my butt on the couch till time to move to the bed. It’s been rainy and gloomy and I haven’t really wanted to be out. If I’m this tired after all day of sitting at a table listening to lectures, what am I going to do when I have to be in a classroom… working?!? Haha. I’m exhausted!

I miss my family. Good news is that I get to see them tomorrow! Stephen, his mom, and Christopher are heading up here and (hopefully) will be waiting on me when I get out of Orientation!!! I’M SOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!  This is the longest I’ve ever been away from Christopher so I’m itching to get to hug and kiss on him.

AND right as I typed that Stephen called me to tell me that Christopher – who is spending the night with his Nana tonight because it’s Stephen’s late night at the paper – just woke up with a low-grade fever. I hope it’s nothing serious and it’s gone in the morning. Boo.

I texted my mother-in-law tonight asking for a picture of Christopher. Apparently he had already gone to bed and she went into the bedroom to take a picture of him for me and turned on the light so that she could take the picture with her phone – these are the pictures she sent me. They made me laugh and cry at the same time. I can just see him saying ‘ight! in his little voice like he always does when the light is bright in his eyes. I just wanted to drive to Mena so that I could give him a kiss on the cheeks and turn out the light for him. Sweet boy.

photo 1 (4)

photo 2 (5)

Every night I’ve had great intentions of going to bed early and getting looooots of sleep. And both Sunday and Monday night I was up past midnight. Right now it’s 11:22 and I’m watching tv and blogging. Fail.

Happy mid-week. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph