Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Getting Fit

One of my goals for the new year was to try to live a healthier lifestyle. This includes doing the Couch to 5K program, eating healthier, & exercising.

I’ve been doing the Couch to 5K plan. I love it. LOVE IT. Big time love it. I loved it when I did it last year. I’m hoping to finish it this time. I really want to participate in a 5K.

I use an app called “Ease into 5K” for my running. I can listen to my own songs and it tells me when to walk and when to run. It also has GPS built in so it tracks my walk and run pace, how far I go, etc. I really like it!

photo 4photo 5

I planned on doing C25K while at orientation last week, but it was dark and rainy on Monday and Tuesday, on Wednesday Stephen, Deanna, and Christopher came to visit me, on Thursday I spent too much time at Walmart after orientation and on Friday I headed home as soon as I could. Not to mention I was just flat out exhausted at the end of each day of orientation to even think about putting on my running shoes. I mean… I didn’t even pick up the laptop and blog. Running? Um, no. Didn’t happen. BUT I did run yesterday – my first full day back at home – and you can see that I am walking further and my average pace has improved by over two full minutes.

I’ve seen several of my friends on Facebook talking about myfitnesspal, so I decided to check it out and see what the fuss was about. I really like it so far! One of my favorite things about it is that you can scan the UPC of an item and it automatically pulls up all the nutritional information about it. I don’t have to input calories, fat, carbs, etc. Love that about it! You can also add friends so that you can encourage one another. Hopefully I can keep up with that and it will help me watch my calorie intake. :)

photo 1photo 2

I do not have a goal weight. I have a certain size I’d like to be and if I get to that size and decide I want to be smaller (keep in mind I’m 5’2” so a size 9 on me is bigger than on a woman who is 5’7”. For a 5’2” woman the “ideal weight” is 122 pounds – seven pounds LESS than when I started dating Stephen and was wearing a size 5 pant.)  My main goal is to just be healthy  and happy with my body. I’m tired of being uncomfortable in my own body, ya know? Yeah.

I plan to join either Curves or the gym here in town… I’m not sure yet how my schedule is going to be with internship semester, so I plan on waiting a few weeks until I know when I’m going to be able to work out. I would prefer to join Curves, but their hours may not work with my schedule. So much of my schedule also depends on Stephen – and he never has the same day twice between school, work, and various types of sporting events that he has to cover across the county. It’s crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph