Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

bubble up enchiladas

I’ve started TWO different posts trying to explain how crazy the last week has been (at least compared to normal) but I’m pretty much too exhausted to finishing writing it.

SOOO, instead of reviewing last week (which I am going to do, because it was one that I definitely want to document and remember) I wanted to share something that I made tonight and was SOOO yummy.

I mentioned before that I’ve recently discovered Pinterest – and I’m still going to share more about that later. I’ve gotten all kinds of fun new ideas from Pinterest, from crafts to clothing to cooking. I’ve tried out a few dishes and they’ve all been so good!

Tonight, I made Bubble Up Enchiladas… they were super simple and relatively healthy – a win-win!
It was DELICIOUS – thumbs up from all three members of my family. :) Here is where I got the recipe, but I’ll also post it below.

bubble-up-enchiladas

1 pound ground turkey
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits
1 ¼ cups shredded low fat Mexican Cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown turkey and drain if needed. Mix in enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. Pour into casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

I topped mine off with light sour cream and avocado. Yummy to my tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph