Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend

Happy Sunday! We have had a busy week/weekend! Believe it or not, this is the first time that I’ve even opened my laptop in probably 3 days, which is CRAZY for me!

We had the Lum & Abner festival in our town this weekend, which is always fun.

Just for fun, this is a picture of me two years ago on the weekend of Lum & Abner. Our friends had their baby girl the Friday of the festival and this is the picture of me and their new baby.

steph_tatelyn

I remember this weekend SO well. After this sweet girl was born, I got really excited about meeting Christopher! I am about 30 weeks pregnant in this picture.

{I should mention here that I have been having some serious baby fever recently  - and this picture isn’t helping!}

Last year at Lum & Abner, Christopher participated in the baby crawling contest and got 2nd place. The next week, his picture was on the front page of the paper!

paperpicture

We had a lot of fun this year, too! The pictures are on Stephen’s work camera so I’ll have to do an update later with this year’s festivities!

Last night, we played Charades with my family. Always fun times… especially when it involves my brother trying to get my dad & Stephen to guess Puss in Boots. Enough said.

Today, Stephen and I were planning on staying at home but we ran an errand this morning and on the way back home we stopped at his mom’s house. She was swimming in her pool so we decided to swim, too! It was our first time to get in her pool this year and we had a lot of fun! She has a leak and has had some problems getting everything balanced and clean this summer, so the water isn’t clear, but we got in anyway. :) Christopher wasn’t too sure about it at first but he ended up loving it!

swimming2

Isn’t that little floaty cute? My MIL bought it last summer. Christopher loved it! (And I love not constantly having to hold him!)

We ended up having lunch at Nana’s and watching a movie with her while C napped, then we headed home and I worked some more on my landscaping project! It didn’t go as quickly as I had hoped last weekend, and it has been HOT and yucky here this week and we have been busy with other things, so I am still working on it. It looks SO good and hopefully tomorrow I can take some “after” shots and then post them on here.

After I had worked in the yard for a few hours I took Bella and Jasper for a long walk and when I got home, Stephen had chicken, corn, and mashed taters ready for dinner. YUM!

Now we are watching the Mavs play and trying to wind down for bed! I have great plans to start getting up early and running in the mornings, but in order for that to happen I have GOT to stop staying up till midnight then sleeping till 9:30. The weather here has gotten hot in a hurry and it’s usually 80+ by 8 or 9 in the morning and then it only gets worse! We’ve already seen upper 90s this week and I know that it’ll stay that way till September… so if I want to run without having a heat stroke, I need to do it at 6:30 in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. It was a good weekend!! :) O by the way, you need to stop with the baby fever. That kind of fever can be contagious.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph