Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hello, Summer Break!

I’m SO relieved to say that my two-week mini-semester is OVER! I had hoped that it would be a low-stress class, but we crammed a LOT of information into 30 hours of class. Every evening when I got home, I read two chapters in a textbook and answered 10 essay questions at the end of each chapter and studied those questions and a long list of definitions from each chapter because we had a 20-30 question quiz the next day in class over the reading material and that was pretty much ALL that our grade was based on. The teacher’s grading scale was not normal – instead of the normal 90-100 = A, his scaled was 95-100=A; 85-94=B, etc. Anyway, to say the least, I’m very glad that it’s over and now I have the entire next MONTH off from school and I am SO glad for the break.

Today Stephen and I worked in our yard on a project that we have been wanting to do for quite a while. I took before pictures and when we finish up (hopefully tomorrow!) I’ll take some after pics. I’ve been looking forward to doing some landscaping since the beginning of Spring, but I just haven’t had the time. This entire past week I’ve been so excited about buying some flowers and getting ready for this landscaping project. I went by Walmart on Thursday (and I completely blew off my homework until LATE that night) and couldn’t help but buy these pretties…

flowersImpatiens, begonias, vinca, lilies, & coleus… most of which will be potted and put on my front porch steps! :)

I have so much planned for the next month. We are planning a trip to Ft. Worth to visit Stephen’s family and to go to the Zoo and probably a few other outings. I have a HUGE to-do list for the house and yard, and, of course, I plan on spending a ton of quality time with Christopher. He is growing up SO quick and is SUCH a little boy. I’ve already started planning his birthday party (Sports theme… what else?) and I’m really excited about it. I can’t believe he’s going to be TWO in less than 3 months… where has the time gone?!?

Apr 24 2011_0289Dinner at Nana’s (yes – Nachos. Don’t judge.)
&
Playing in his sandbox at Nana’sMay 08 2011_0100May 08 2011_0106May 08 2011_0103

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph