Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Saturday, Sunday, Monday

This past weekend Stephen and I made a trip to Ft Smith with Tyler and Britney. We were mainly going to watch The Green Lantern, but I did manage to get there a little early and do a little shopping beforehand.

frame1

I got both of these cute frames from Target for $2.50 and they were originally $14.99! I love Target, but it’s probably better for my wallet that I don’t live closer to one. 
frame2

I know that I am not a “graduate” yet, but I’ve had Senioritis for about 4 years, and now I am finally, officially a Senior in my MAJOR field and I will be graduating next spring! I couldn’t help but buy this neat frame for myself. In less than a year, I’ll be able to post a picture of it again – complete!

We made it to the movie, which was pretty good. Stephen has a huge list of movies that are coming out this summer that he wants to go watch… Eh. I’d rather shop.

After the movie, we had some yummy Olive Garden for dinner. It was 6 on a Saturday evening, and there was a 30 minute wait for a table. The inside was packed with people waiting, so we had to wait outside in the HOT weather.

bandme

We stopped in Poteau on the way home for some snow cones. (My favorite is Wedding Cake – YUM!)  We had a great time with Ty and B, as always.

I was so excited to be home, though, because Christopher had spent the evening and night before with his Nana, and it had been over 24 hours since I’d last seen him. I was glad to have him back home with me. :)

On Sunday, we slept in. (Speaking of which, what happened to my plan of going to bed by 10 and getting up by 7 during the month of June so that I wouldn’t get off schedule and going back to school in July wouldn’t be hard?) We ended up going to my MIL’s around 1:30 so that Stephen and I could swim while Christopher napped. I LOVE that she has a pool right down the road from us! It’s so nice to be able to go over whenever we want!  Christopher took a 2+ hour nap while Stephen and I swam and played around.

Last night, my parents came over to help us finish some projects around the house. I don’t think I’ve mentioned it on the blog yet, but Stephen and I put our house up for sale last week! We are still getting a few last-minute things together (like finishing up painting jobs, de-cluttering, etc. My mom helped me to stage the house and I took pictures last night!  But more about that later – this post is getting long enough as it is!

shrek5Today we had a pretty relaxing day at the house. I worked on laundry while Christopher watched – wait for it! – SHREK! (I have to add, just before I snapped this picture, Christopher was actually leaned over the arm of the couch facing the TV, but he moved as I was grabbing my phone to take the pic) I also got registered for an online class at RMCC, which starts tomorrow. My month-long break from school was SOOO nice and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I’m not counting my break as over just yet, even though I start this class tomorrow… it’s online, so it doesn’t count! I start back to classes at Henderson a week from tomorrow. I’m taking two classes at HSU, and one at RMCC… I’m hoping that 9 hours isn’t too much to take on for a summer session, but it will make my fall semester SO much easier. I love summer sessions and would actually like for all classes to be offered on a 4-6 week-long schedule… I just think that even if the classes are hard, you just push through it and it’s over so quickly and there’s not as much “busy-work” as a normal semester.

baxterJust a sweet picture of Baxter – crazy dog. ♥

Anyway… that’s about all that’s been going on around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph