Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

miscellaneous

How is it that today is the second of May and next week is finals, yet today I wore a HOODIE and had my heat blasting? Weird weather. I’m ready for sweet summertime. Bring the 100 degree weather and mosquitos! Enough with this wet rainy crap!

I’ve been battling a cold all weekend. Sore throat, sneezy, running nose, the works. I think I’ve now passed it on to Stephen, but for the most part I’m over it, thankfully. Christopher, on the other hand, started coughing yesterday or maybe the night before, and it’s not getting any better. :( This afternoon he took a FOUR HOUR NAP and woke up with a low-grade fever. Poor guy. I hate that I have to be at school all day long tomorrow. He’s staying with his Nana and I’m hoping that he gets better, otherwise we may have to make a trip to the doctor or walk-in clinic on Wednesday.

soup

This is a picture from tonight. He had broccoli and cheese soup. I always liked my moms broccoli and cheese soup when I wasn’t feeling well and I figure that if he has a sore throat it would probably feel good for that, too. We had a Bear Creek broccoli & cheese package in the cupboards so I whipped it up. Ha! All you have to do is boil water and add the soup (which is a powder mix) in and let it cook for 10 minutes. SO easy and fast. Not as yummy as my moms, but it’s nice to keep them around for quick-fix meals! I wasn’t sure if Christopher would be able to handle feeding himself soup since it is so runny, but he did fine and did not need (or want!) my help. (And I’ll admit, I was a little hurt!) He is growing up SO quickly!

We aren’t sure yet whether he is going to be left handed or right handed. In this picture he was using his right hand, but before I brought my camera out he was using his left.  His biggest obsession right now is balls – baseballs, soccer balls, footballs, golf balls, basketballs. He uses both hands to throw and we can’t really tell if one is better than the other. Maybe he’ll be ambidextrous?

I haven’t even tried to transfer over the pictures from my memory card again, but I found a few Easter photos on my phone and emailed them to myself. Here’s Christopher at my mom’s house the weekend before Easter. This is the face he made when he would see an egg.

easter

He would see it and inhale/gasp while making this face. SO cute and funny.

I love this picture:
eggs

I had originally thought that we wouldn’t dye eggs, but when I went to WalMart at the last minute on SUNDAY AFTERNOON looking for Easter baskets goodies, I saw the cutest Sports-themed dye kit. It had all sorts of sports balls on them and I knew immediately that I needed to get it for Christopher. Some of the stickers were “x” and “o” for drawing out plays. This is Stephen, showing Christopher how to make some sort of play in football. I have a better picture of it on my good camera, which I will put on here some day. It may be the 4th of July, but it will make it eventually. Ha!

These two are inseparable and so sweet. I can’t believe how BIG Jasper is!

dogs4dogs3

The first picture Stephen took probably a month ago. The second one I took tonight. He’s grown a lot even just in that time frame!  I think they will have such pretty babies!

I got my Mother’s Day present today. Stephen says that it’s not, but I told him to PLEASE not buy anything for me for Mother’s Day because I don’t want to spend any more money than necessary now that we have a BRAND NEW REFRIDGERATOR sitting in our kitchen!

fridge

Isn’t she pretty?  Our old fridge (which was used when we received it 3 years ago) has been acting up since last summer and it finally gave up on us yesterday. My brother worked on it for us but even the HVAC man couldn’t figure out what was wrong with it.  We normally don’t just go out and buy something this big without thinking about it for awhile, and we certainly wouldn’t have bought it if we didn’t absolutely have to have it. We had a lot of food sitting inside of our old fridge that needed to be kept cold so it was kind of one of those have-to situations and I have a feeling that we will be keeping it for a LONG time. Thankfully, we put away most of our income tax refund money and it wasn’t as big of a deal to buy a new fridge now as it would have been last summer/fall. But anyway, it is a Samsung French Door system with water and ice in the door and I am IN LOVE with it! It has so much ROOM! I could seriously stand in front of it and stare at all the space on the inside all.day.long. They were having a great sale on them and we paid about $500 less than we were planning on spending, so it was a great deal (to us, anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph