Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Three Months Old

**I am SO mad at myself for not getting this post in on the 18th.  Sad thing is I already had the blog written, I just needed to take his pictures and post everything.  Oh well -- here it is!**


Christopher,

You are THREE MONTHS OLD! It is so hard for me to believe that you are already 1/4 of the way through your first year of life. The last three months have been so wonderful, and I look forward to many, many more months with you!

I had a really hard time letting go of you last month when I had to go back to work. BUT your Daddy is an awesome man and saw how hard it was for me and how much it hurt me, and he decided that I needed a few more months off work, so I get to stay home with you for a little while longer. I have been off for one week now and absolutely LOVE it. I was definitely made to be a stay-at-home mom. We usually hang around the house in the mornings then in the afternoons we take a trip somewhere - to visit your dad at work or maybe to Granny or Nana's house, or depending on the weather we may take a walk.


You have been perfecting your smile - you smile with your whole face! It's so precious and perfect! You just light up all over when you're happy, and it's hard to be upset or mad about anything when you're smiling.
    Some fun facts this month...
--You are wearing size 3 diapers as of TODAY!
--You are wearing 3-6 month clothing.
--You've developed a new sleeping pattern that I LOVE.  You've been going to sleep around 8pm and sleeping until about 8am.  You wake up a few times throughout the night for your paci, but that's it!  Then in the mornings after you nurse, we hang out for a few hours and you take a mid-morning nap that lasts for 1-2 hours.  Sometimes you nap in the afternoon, but it is usually for an hour or less.  Then back to bed around 8 or 8:30!  It's wonderful and I hope that you keep it up!
--You nurse in the morning after you wake up, then have a formula bottle before you take your nap.  You nurse after you wake up from your nap - then in the afternoons you usually have one or two formula bottles and nurse another one or two times.  I am SO thankful that you switch between formula & breastmilk AND bottle & breast so well!
--You LOVE to watch TV.  Sleep and TV... you are definitely an Olmstead!
--You can hold your weight on your legs with me just holding you for support!
--You are DROOLING everywhere!  It's hilarious and gross at the same time.
--You love to stick your fingers in your mouth!
--You've discovered your tongue, and are constantly moving it around.  You like to stick your fingers in your mouth then move your tongue all over them.  (Of course, drooling all over everything at the same time!


I LOVE YOU LITTLE MAN!!!!





1 comment:

  1. So very precious! You're right...when he smiles, his whole face lights up. Can't believe how he's growing! Love him so much!

    Granny

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph