Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

34 weeks, bedding, and a break!

Well guys, I am 34 weeks along and everything is coming together with the nursery. I am getting really anxious for Christopher Tyler's arrival! The room is painted, the crib is up, the changing table is up... the BEDDING is here! I searched and searched online for crib bedding and ended up ordering some off eBay, but after it came in I just didn't love it. What I wanted was one of those fluffy, pillowy-type ones from Polka Tot Designs or a similar website... but I'm kind of a broke Walmart associate and can't afford to pay four hundred frickin dollars for a bumper and crib skirt. SOOO.... I showed a picture of what I wanted to my fabulously talented mother, and she decided to attempt to make it herself! Half a day driving around Texarkana looking for brown/green/giraffe-print fabric and 4 weeks later, here is the finished product!!

ISN'T THAT ADORABLE?!?!?!

with the railing down


I am SO in love with the bedding -- love it love it love it, and I am so impressed with my mom, who was able to just make it herself, no pattern or anything! I wish I could do stuff like this. I may just have to learn! I love that we picked out the fabrics together, I love that it is made by Christopher's grandmother (it just means so much more!) and that I didn't have to spend a whole paycheck on bedding that -- in reality -- won't even be used that long. I can't wait to take pictures of Christopher sleeping in it. =)

As you can see, the walls have been painted green, and I love love love the color as well. (Just FYI, the white thing to the left of the crib is a door, not some weird painting mishap or anything like that. Kinda hard to tell from the pics.) We have to put up the wall decor and do some finishing touches on a few different things, but I'll post pictures of the completed nursery within the next few weeks. (Just 6 weeks until my due date, but I'm hoping he comes around the 37/38 week mark, so we're getting CLOSE!!!!)

Today was my 6th day in a row to work, and just let me say I am glad to be HOME with my feet UP and I'm really looking forward to the next two days off. In two weeks I will be on another 5-day vacation -- Stephen and I are going to Texarkana on the 17th to watch the newest HP movie and I can't WAIT! I leave you with a 34 week produce update and hope everybody had/has a wonderful 4th of July holiday weekend!!




Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

1 comment:

  1. That bedding is precious! I love the long pillow with his name! Where did you get that? I've always read that the baby nursery should be in bright, bold colors with lots of patterns too so it will stimulate the baby's mind. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph