Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

lots of pictures to make up for my lack of blogging!

I am so very sorry for being such a crappy blogger. I suck, I know.

I won't even try to make excuses for myself because I know if I typed it out -- it would just look like a bunch of poor-poor-pitiful-me bullcrap. And I plan on doing plenty of that later on this week and would hate to subject y'all to it twice... =)

So. Wanna know what I've been up to for the past week!?!?

***Hanging out with Jeff, Mel, and Baby Tatelyn. They came over last Saturday evening and had dinner with us. I made ritz chicken, green bean rolls, and dirt cake. I realize all these recipes can be found on the Kelly's Kitchen blog, but the only one I actually got from there was the dirt cake -- the other two I already knew. OH.MY.GOSH. was the dirt cake ever good!!!! On a scale from 1-10, Stephen gives it a 16.3! I'll post the recipe for it at the end of this blog, or just click on Kelly's link and get it straight from her!


***Getting a pedicure AND a full-body massage. Ahhhhh. Lovely and so so SO relaxing. Unfortunately, my back (sciatic nerve especially) is just killing me right now, and the massage didn't help it too much, but it was still wonderfully relaxing.

***Having a 3-day weekend (which I kicked off with the pedicure) that I enjoyed immensely. I pampered myself Friday & had a small baby shower at Walmart thrown for me by wonderful friends and coworkers Tabatha and Mel. Saturday I spent the day with my brother and sister-in-law, who are some of my favorite people to be with. Sunday -- I lounged around the house all day doing nothing, thankyouverymuch.

***Working, working, working -- followed by sleeping, sleeping, sleeping. I have been so tired. I guess it's the heat combined with normal third trimester hormones and weariness.


***Spending some quality time with my puppy-babies. I think Baxter senses that change is a-coming...


Has anybody tried these Bertoli's frozen dinners? Oh my gosh -- talk about a quick & easy dinner! We absolutely love these -- and I am not a fan of frozen dinners, even these skillet/casserole ones that you make in the oven. Anyway -- these are SO YUMMY. They are made to feed two people, so Stephen and I usually just heat up some garlic toast to eat with these and finish it off, but you could throw together a salad and maybe some vegetables to stretch it out and get some leftovers out of it. They're so good though, I'm not sure that even salad, veggies, and bread could keep me from getting seconds of the pasta! Our favorites are the Cheese Ravioli, Shells in Scampi, and Fettuccine Alfredo. MMM.




This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Tomorrow I have a 33 1/2 week check-up! Thirty-four weeks on Friday! Of course, Stephen and I both think (hope) that I am a little bit further along than they are saying. I realize that I only have *6.5* weeks left until my due date, but seriously -- August 14th seems like an eternity away to me right now, and I'm not sure how much more my stomach can stretch. I'll try to post a tummy picture in a few days, along with lots of fun stories about how rude and inconsiderate people can be to women who are in their third trimester and miserable!

DIRT CAKE RECIPE
make this -- you're gonna LOVE IT!


INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
3 1/2 cups milk
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
32 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies with creme filling


DIRECTIONS
Chop cookies very fine in food processor. Set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together butter, cream cheese, and sugar.
In a large bowl, mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together.
Fold together pudding mixture and cream mixture.
Layer in flower pot or trifle bowl, starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers.
Chill until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting that you are 34 weeks! I know you are definitely ready!

    The cake looks delish! I will have to try it sometime...maybe for Bubba's Birthday Party coming up.

    Hubby and I get the Bertolli meals ALL.THE.TIME! We like the Spinach, Chicken, and Bowties one. Sissy and I usually end up picking the majority of the spinach out though, we are "green" eaters!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph