Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Dora the Explorer! (Alternatively titled: Shoot Me Now)

Christopher has these tendencies to get really into something for a few weeks/months, then completely drops it.

Shrek
Thomas the Tank Engine
Curious George
Mickey Mouse Club House
Elmo
Dino Dan
Toy Story
Dora the Explorer

REALLY?!? Dora the freaking Explorer? UUUGHHH. UUUM, I guess it’s better than Spongebob SquarePants??

How did that even happen?

I know that he watches TV at his daycare a lot. And I’m okay with that. If I were stuck in a house with 15 kids all day long 5 days a week, I’d have the TV on Nickelodeon, too.

We have instant streaming Netflix, so shows like Thomas, Curious George, and Sesame Street are all on there. When we pull up a show for him to watch, it will give us “suggestions” based on previously viewed shows. Apparently last week while Christopher was with my dad, he was going to watch something on Netflix but it suggested Dora and C asked to watched it “because that’s what he watches at Miss W’s house.”

And now it’s ALL HE WANTS TO WATCH. And I have freaking Dora songs stuck in my head all.day.long. Whether Christopher is here or not.

This follows a month straight of nothing but “Buzz Lightyear.”  Which followed a summer full of Dino Dan. When we were in Branson for our anniversary back in September, the Toys R Us outlet had a good deal on some Animal Planet dinosaur sets, and so we bought him like a million dinosaurs (which I KNEW at the time was a bad idea… I could just see myself (1) stepping on them and breaking either the toy or my ankle (2) constantly picking them up off the floor (3) throwing them away out of frustration …the list goes on and on.)

Anyway, the boy hasn’t even mentioned dinosaurs since we bought the dang things because that’s the weekend that Toy Story was introduced for him. He got all Buzz Lightyear crazy and watched it every single time we would let him.  We even changed our Halloween plans for him (TCU football player) and bought him a Buzz Lightyear costume.

A few days ago, I asked him what he was going to be for Halloween. His response? Dora.
UM, sorry bud. Not happening.

I do, though, love holding his hand while he watches Dora on Netflix on the iPad.
With his earphones on while I watch my own shows, of course.

IMG_4223

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph