Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Two

Two years ago today, I became a mom.

Christopher Tyler Olmstead was born via c-section at 4:59 in the afternoon, and my world was forever changed.

I cannot imagine anything better than being his mom, and I count my blessings every single day.

I know I’ve posted a few of these already… but I am reposting them since today is his official birthday.

Jun 21 2011_0012 (2)

Jun 21 2011_0066

Jun 21 2011_0083

Jun 21 2011_0088

Jun 21 2011_0091

Jun 21 2011_0101

Jun 21 2011_0105

Jun 21 2011_0108

And here he is this morning. :) (iPhone pics)

photo 2 (1)

photo 1

photo 3

photo 5 (1)giving me “the look”

Christopher Tyler --

At two, you are growing into your own personality and becoming more and more “little boy” everyday. You are SO smart and observant of everything that happens around you. You love your family and all the pets in your life. You have a special place in your heart for your Aunt B and “Bubba.” You love to be outside, whether it is swimming, walking, riding the four-wheeler (which you love) or just playing around – you love the outdoors.  The only movie or TV show you’ve ever shown interest in is Shrek, but it seems as though Shrek has lost its luster… that could have something to do with the fact that you have watched it, oh, probably 30 times in the last few months. ;)  You still love anything that has to do with Balls, and – of course – it’s what your two-year birthday party theme will be on Saturday. Right now, your favorite toys are “cycles” and cars. In just a few days, you will be starting daycare for the first time in your whole life, and I am praying that you handle it better than Momma is handling it. I think you will love the interaction with other children your age!

Your favorite foods are: avocado, macaroni & cheese, all fruit – but especially “blublublees” – blueberries, tomatoes, pizza, any type of potato, “cookies” (animal crackers – and the real ones!) and type of dessert. (You got your momma’s sweet tooth!) You like water but LOVE “oose” – juice. You’ve had one (ok, two - small) glasses of Sprite, which you loved – but it was a special treat at a restaurant in Branson.

You are wearing a size 5 diaper, you weight about 29 pounds, and you are about 33 inches tall (I think.)  At your two-year appointment last week, you measured in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. (They measured your height once and it put you in the 10th percentile, so they measured again and it was different, so that put you in the 50th.)  You are SO sweet and loving and even though you ARE two years old and getting into everything, you are still SUCH a good child. You still have your pacifier, but you’ve only had it for naps and bedtime for a year now. We thought about taking it away a few weeks ago – and you did go to bed and nap without it a few day – but I decided since you are starting daycare that you might need it there and so I let you have it back. I don’t think you’re going to have it much longer, though.  I don’t know why, but I’m having a hard time with taking the paci away from you, even though you really have no problem with it. :-/

You are my whole world -- the best thing that has EVER happened to me, and I am blessed beyond measure to be able to call you my son.

I love you to the moon and back (times infinity.)

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph