Monday, August 29, 2011


It seems like forever since I have done a “real” update.

We have been at my mother-in-law’s house for 23 days (and counting) now. It really hasn’t been all that bad – she was here for the first few days we were here, then gone for 10 days, then back for 10 days… and now she’s gone again. I think she is going to be gone for about another 10 days and I am hoping that by the time she’s back, we’re back in our own home. It’s honestly nothing against my mother-in-law… I am just really missing my house. I’m tired of living out of one bedroom here and I want to sleep in my own bed again!

Soooo… what have we been up to?

Last Monday, (a week ago today) Christopher started daycare at Sunshine House on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. It is where I went to daycare when I was his age. It’s been kind of a rough transition for him. Last Tuesday, my parents had to pick him up because I was going to be late getting home from school. They happened to be getting ice cream at Baskin Robbins in town when I got home, so I just met them there. When it was time to leave, my parents were going to follow me back to my MILs house because I had driven my mom’s car to school that day. Mom would just take Christopher out of dad’s truck, give him to me, and take her car home…

Well, when we were walking out of the restaurant, Christopher started to follow me towards my mom’s car, while my parents went the opposite direction. When we started telling him to go with Granny and Grandpa (which normally would NOOOT be a big deal and he would PREFER to go with them) and he had a meltdown. Not going to lie – kind of my this Momma’s heart happy. I ended up riding with him and my dad, while my mom drove her car.

It’s continued like that throughout the week – even on the days when he didn’t go to daycare. He’s been a little clingy, a little whiny, and very quick to cry when he thinks that he might have to be separated from me.  I know it’s just a phase and that he will get over it, but it’s hard for me to deal with because I’m not really sure how to handle it.

photo 5 (2)Christopher on his first day of Daycare, after I had picked him up. He was so happy to see me!

I DO know that he enjoys himself at daycare. He cries when he is first dropped off, but he quits as soon as we are out of sight and his teacher (Ms. Pam) has assured me that he does very well eating, napping, and playing with the other kids. She said that he is a delight and she just loves him. :)


These pictures are from Christopher’s birthday. I wanted a “birth minute” photo, but got distracted (surprise, surprise) while waiting, so it was taken a few minutes late. I wanted to post it on here, for my own records. :)


This is my new pretty… it’s my Erin Condren life planner, and I’m kind of in love with it. I’m hoping that it will keep my life as organized and sane as possible over the next couple of months. It goes until December of 2012, so I will use it all during my Internship semester and the first semester that I am teaching, too.  There were all sorts of covers and designs to choose from, but I picked this one because it just seems to go with my life right now. I’m starting my FINAL year of school – I’m FINALLY a senior in college – and I could not be more excited about graduating next May and moving on to the next “phase” in my life.

photo 1 (2)

And last but certainly not least – our first child, sweet Baxter, is finally back with us. My mom has had him since we moved out of our house, but my parents left for a vacation to Branson earlier today so he’s at my mother-in-law’s house with us now! I know that he is going to miss the constant attention from Granny – to be honest, he is probably not too happy about not being there anymore! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!