Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Baby Names!

Today’s Show Us Your Life over at Kelly’s Korner is Baby Names!  I have always loved baby names and throughout my teenage years I was constantly coming up with different names.  As I’m sure most of you know, my son’s name is
Christopher Tyler
Christopher is a name I have always loved, but I’ve had a lot of different middle names before I finally decided on Tyler. In middle school, I liked Christopher Wyatt; in high school, I believe it was Christopher Hunter, and in college, it was Christopher Elijah.  I really, really, REALLY loved the name Christopher Elijah when Stephen and I got together - and so did Stephen.  (Stephen just liked it because of the initials - CEO.)  I also loved the name Grayson Tyler. (And again - Stephen liked this name because of the initials GTO.)

When we discovered I was pregnant, we started throwing around these two names for boys.
The name Christopher comes from a friend of mine who passed away when we were young - in the sixth grade, actually.  It has always been my favorite name for a boy. A few months into my pregnancy, I decided that Christopher was definitely the name I wanted if we were having a boy.  As much as I loved the sound and flow of Christopher Elijah, I also knew that I wanted to use the name “Tyler” as a middle name - because Tyler is the name of my one and only brother, and he is one of my very best friends and I am so very thankful to have such a great boy man as my brother! And as much as I loved the name Christopher Elijah, it was more important to me to use the name Tyler as a middle name - because what if I only have one son, and never got the opportunity to use the name Grayson Tyler?
So, my wonderful husband agreed (he loves my Bubba too!) and we settled on the name Christopher Tyler Olmstead for our firstborn son. =)

It was a good thing we had a boy, because we couldn’t agree on a girl name.  I liked the name Madilynn Marie, (Marie is my patneral grandmother’s middle name) but Stephen was not a fan of Madilynn.

If/when we have any more children (a long, long, looooooong way into the future) we like the boy name
Carter Andrew

…but that could change at any point in time!
(Stephen’s middle name is Andrew - so it is likely that we will keep that as a middle name if we have another boy.) 
I have no clue about girl names.  I like the name Harlie Jane, (my mom’s middle name is Jane!) but then her initials would be HO… and I don’t think I’d want to do that to my daughter.  I guess I better freaking have several years to think about it.  =)

3 comments:

  1. have you given any thought for "stanley" as a boys name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. after my great-uncle and 2nd cousin? no!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE names and ADORABLE baby! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph