Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dilation and Chia Pets

Ok... here's the deal this week!

I'm dilated to a 2.5! This is good news, except that my doctor does not like to induce unless you're dilated to at least a 3. My blood pressure is still hovering in a semi-decent range and my swelling is not getting any worse, so since Christopher and I are not in distress, he is NOT going to induce me this week. IF I do not have Christopher before next Tuesday, August 18th, (4 days past my due date) he will be inducing then. Definitely.

I am great with this. It's wonderful to be able to say, "Within ONE WEEK we will be having our baby boy!" BUT, I'm so so so disappointed, because today is the 3-week mark since I started my Leave of Absence, and by next Tuesday I'll be FOUR weeks in... that's 1/3 of my maternity leave, just gone! I hate that I am only going to get to spend 8-9 weeks at home with him. Stupid swollen feet and high blood pressure!

I leave this post with something that makes me smile. We just saw a commercial for this and I couldn't stop laughing!

An Obama Chia Pet! Hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph