Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

two point five

Christopher today…
DSC_0022

DSC_0024

photo

Six months ago today…
Aug 20 2011_0161

One year ago today…
18months

One and a half years ago today:
1year

Two years ago today…
6months

Two and a half years ago today…
1stday1
firstday2
firstday3
firstday4

Christopher Tyler,
How is it possible that you are two and a half years old today?!?!?! I cannot believe how time has flown by over the last 30 months.
The last two and a half years have been, without a doubt, the best of my life.  I love you more than I could possibly ever say. I am blessed beyond words that God chose ME to be your mommy. You are a bright, energetic, loving, silly, caring, well-tempered, huggable, loveable, squeezable, slightly OCD, Elmo-loving, blue-eyed, blonde-haired little boy and I have loved watching you grow from a baby into a toddler and now into a little boy.
You have really started using words over the last two or three months and that is when your true personality has really started to shine. You crack me up! You are so smart. You have my bossiness and a bit of my temper but you are mostly laid back like your daddy. You love to sleep and recently you have really gotten into playing with smaller toys, like cars and trains and such. You love to play “hide and seek” right now. You hide under the desk or table or under a towel and say “Moooommmmmaaa!!! I HIDE!” and after I’ve “found” you, you say “I HIDE MORE!” and you stay in the same exact spot. Also, if you’re hiding and I ask where you are, you’ll tell me… so you haven’t exactly figured that game out.
You love to watch certain types of programs on TV. You’re not a big fan of cartoons. You still like Shrek but right now you LOVE Elmo, Choo-choo (Thomas the Tank Engine) and this old-school 1980s movie that I watched as a little girl called Wee Sing Together, which is about a live-action musical. You prefer live-action over animations, I think.
You say please and thank you and are very well-behaved 99% of the time! We have started saying prayers at night and you always remind us if we forget. (Part of your OCD-ness.) Oh! You are in a toddler bed now and you did SO good with the transition! We had no problems whatsoever with that and I had been putting it off for awhile because I was afraid that you wouldn’t stay in bed. But you do! And when you wake up from naps or overnight you so “Momma! Up!” and you wait for me or Daddy to come into your room and get you out of bed.
You started at a new daycare in January when I started my internship. You go to a home day care now and we both like it SO MUCH BETTER than the place you went in the fall. It took you about a week and a half to adjust to your new daycare. You don’t cry when I drop you off in the mornings and it makes it SO much easier on me to know that you are happier here and have a lot of fun all day with your friends.
I know there are a thousand things I am forgetting that I could list here, but this is all I can think of right now. I love you SO much, sweet boy, and I know that it will be no time at all and another two and a half years will have passed and you will be turning FIVE! You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and your daddy and we absolutely love being your parents. There is no better job in the entire world!

I love you to the moon and back (times infinity.)
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph