Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Valentine’s Day

I know I’m blogging about Valentine’s Day two weeks late, but at least I’m blogging! (I promised yesterday I would. I’m not gonna lie, though, it was hard for me to drag my butt off the couch from watching Who’s the Boss re-runs.)

Stephen had to work on V-Day and I had homework, so Christopher and I spent the morning together then he went to my mom’s while I started working on homework. Stephen stopped by in the middle of the day and surprised me with roses and cupcakes, even though we are SUPPOSED to be on a diet.  Cupcakes are one of my favorite treats and Stephen has a “tradition” of getting me cupcakes on Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day every year.  He said he couldn’t not get me cupcakes just because I was supposed to be dieting! 

I told him I would eat one or two and then send him back to work with the rest of them so that they wouldn’t be a temptation for me. (Fun Fact about Steph: I like to put cupcakes in the fridge [they are SO yummy cold] then eat 3 for breakfast. Just keepin it real.)

SO, anyway, I ate one and pulled one out to set aside on the dining table for the next day (or after Christopher went to bed. Same difference.) That evening, when I put Christopher in his high chair, he noticed it (the boy can spot a sweet treat from 20 feet away) and pointed at it, but I really didn’t think anything of it.  After he finished his dinner I took him out of his high chair and started cleaning the kitchen.  I realized after a few minutes that things were very quiet….(which moms of toddlers know is a bad sign.)

When I looked up, this is what I saw:

02 15 11_193602 15 11_1938 02 15 11_193502 15 11_1939 02 15 11_194002 15 11_1943 02 15 11_1942

It was all over his face, hands, pants, and floor.  Apparently when he got it all over his hands, he thought it’d be fun to rub it into the floor…?  Not sure. Anyway – I took that as my cue NOT to eat a 2nd cupcake and it got thrown away. Right after Christopher {and the floor} got a good scrubbin, that is. :)

EDITED TO ADD: After I wrote this and posted it, I was re-reading it and noticed for the first time that Christopher’s shirt says “Dad’s Mischief Maker.”  How appropriate.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph