Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

i heart sunny saturdays

First of all – HELLO, Spring!

Can you say GORGEOUS? Cause that’s what the weather was today!  We spent the morning inside but headed over to my parents house for lunch to grill hot dogs and hamburgers with them and my brother & Britney. We didn’t eat outside, but we could have.  Hello, sunshine. I love you.  After we finished eating, we spent some time outside. Christopher LOVES to ride the four-wheeler.

My mom has several pretty gardens and since I suddenly found a love for gardening last year, I decided to steal a few of her plants. She divided up some Hostas for me and I also stole a few Daylilies that weren’t getting enough sun where they were at. I’m excited to plant them at my house!

After we left my parents house, we went over to my mother-in-law’s house. We were there for several hours and spent the whole time outside.  She and I are going to do some landscaping to her backyard and I even got a head start this afternoon by cleaning out some weed-filled flower beds! Tomorrow, she and I are going to buy some dirt and flowers so that we can start working on it. I’m going to do some work over there tomorrow, but most of the major work will be done on my Spring Break… which is a less than a week away! Can I get a Hallelujah!?!

I’ll take some before and after shots of all that we do in her backyard! I’m so excited about it because it’s kind of like a blank canvas that I’m getting to work on. My yard is really small and my front yard is almost all shaded, so there’s not much that I can plant. Even though I’ve become obsessed with gardening, I haven’t been able to actually do much. Not the case with her back yard though, and I’m excited to get some dirt under my fingernails and make it pretty!

Moving on to the next piece of business – Spring Break. It starts Thursday at exactly 2:45 when I get out of my Instructional Technology class!  Stephen and I are driving home from class, then throwing a few last-minute items in our suitcases and heading to Branson! It’s the three of us plus my MIL. We’re staying Thursday through Sunday and I’m really excited about it. We’ll be going to Silver Dollar City and doing some shopping and stuffing our faces eating at Catina Laredo. It will be nice to get away and have fun at SDC, plus Christopher needs a few more 18-month Spring clothing items and I love the great deals at the Outlet malls there.

I hope everybody is having a great weekend and enjoying the gorgeous weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph