Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

one long week


Happy first day of December from the Olmstead family!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our family and friends. Our internet went down last Tuesday and was just fixed this morning. I am really glad to have my internet back up and working. I was going stir-crazy and missed reading people's blogs!!

On Thanksgiving Day we visited with my parents and brother (but didn't eat.) My mom took some pictures of Stephen & me with our children dogs. Today, I made holiday greeting cards in the photolab at WalMart and will be sending them out to our friends and family sometime in the next week or so. (Hopefully. I just finished sending off the last of our "thank you" notes from the wedding.) We ate a LATE lunch with Stephen's mother, and it was GOOD. Thankfully we had only eaten breakfast that morning, so we were plenty hungry for lots of turkey, cranberry sauce, rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, and pie. We watched the Cowboy game that afternoon --apparently this is an Olmstead tradition that I am supposed to participate in every year. My sweetie husband ran home to get my laptop so I was able to get an internet fix while "watching" the game. =)

Saturday night Stephen and I held our first Texas Hold 'Em Poker Tournament. We had a $5 buy-in and several people came over and played, including my dad and Stephen's mom. It was a lot of fun and we're looking forward to doing it again.

Big News... yesterday - November 30, it snowed. In Mena, Arkansas. IN NOVEMBER. Now, for those of you who don't know, I LOVE SNOW. Most people really, really like snow. Not me. I LOVE snow. I was really excited when I married Stephen because my initials now spell "SNO," which just makes me really happy. Anyway, it flurried lightly all day yesterday and even some this morning. Not very much, but by 8 this morning a little bit was sticking to the grass and my car had a cute little layer of snow on it. Unfortunately, I had left my camera at work yesterday and couldn't get a picture of it. =(

My christmas trees (BOTH of 'em) are up and twinkling. I have my presents for my parents and my wonderful hubby, but I still need to buy for my brother, his girlfiend, Stephen's brother and his wife, and Stephen's mother. And I need to put together some sort of little gifts for our friends/co-workers. All of this without making my checkbook cry.

So, at that note, I am going to wrap up this blog and start shopping online to see what kind of deals I can find there. Wish me luck. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph