Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

March Madness

I LOVE Daylight Savings Time. What’s with all the griping, people? I’m excited!

Our March is already looking busy! Which is crazy because I don’t feel like we lead very busy lives. We came to an agreement with someone who wanted to buy our house, so we’re supposed to close next Wednesday… yaay! I have mixed feelings but mostly I’m happy to have sold it (haven’t lived in it for over a year) and a little nostalgic to say goodbye to our first home. We will be busy this weekend moving out the furniture that we used to stage the house.

Other plans for March include a possible visit from my in-laws, our annual family Easter Celebration the weekend before Easter at my mom’s house, a schedule trip to Branson and SDC the last week of March, and of course Easter weekend to finish out the month. Plus a million things on our to-do list between now and then and the possibility of being called in to substitute teach at a moment’s notice.

I have several job applications in to schools hiring for my area of certification. I HAVE to get a job teaching somewhere next fall, otherwise I’ll have to start looking for some other type of job. SOOO fingers crossed for a good school district to hire me next year.

I’ve been doing really good with planning out a weekly menu. It’s so much easier if I can plan out our meals and do the shopping once a week and then I know I have everything on hand for dinner that night. I meal plan on Sundays (usually) and then make a grocery list and then we all three go eat dinner at the Subway in Walmart, then we do our shopping. I hate grocery shopping so it makes it more fun and I look forward to dinner on Sunday nights. I think once I have a job we’ll have to move this tradition to Saturday night.

IMG_5602

Another thing I love about menu planning is trying out new recipes! Last week I tried out two new Pinterest recipes and they were both good! Asparagus and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken and Skinny Spaghetti Squash Alfredo. Which OF COURSE I paired with roasted broccoli, one of my favorite ever Pinterest finds.

IMG_5552IMG_5597

I also love that I can plan healthy meals. When I don’t have a plan and it’s getting late or we’re out of food in the pantry, our back-up plan is usually Mexican food or pizza.  That being said, I’m back on the weight loss wagon and determined to lose some weight! I started the Couch to 5K running plan back up a few weeks ago. Pounding the pavement and listening to music at full blast is the BEST way to end a stressful day.

IMG_5581

Other things I did last week include a last-minute subbing job 30 minutes away, a few trips to Cruizzers for caffeine, cleaning out our master closet, and making Play-Doh frogs with Christopher.

IMG_5540

IMG_5542

IMG_5548

This weekend we were able to get a little work done in our yard (and assess all the damages from winter/dogs/time IMG_5605that need to be worked on and fixed before Spring/Summer) and then I cleaned out the dungeon.  I mean… the third bedroom.  It’s our catch-all room and hadn’t been touched since THANKSGIVING. I cleaned out a huge trashbag full of junk and organized all my craft/wreath making supplies. One thing I ran across was a box of some of mine and Stephen’s old music CD’s. After the room was finished (YOU CAN SEE THE FLOOR – HALLELUJAH!) Stephen and I sat down and imported our favorites songs off our old CDs into iTunes. I think I doubled my song collection! And we still have a big book of Stephen’s laying around somewhere that we need to find and import. Needless to say I’m glad to have that task finished, it’s something we had been meaning to do for awhile. I had a ton of those “Now That’s What I Call Music…” CDs from my middle school/early high school days and I’m pretty sure I’m going to be singing 90s pop songs for the rest of the week. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph