Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

11 months

Christopher, you are eleven months old. 

You are the apple of my eye!  You aren’t my “baby” anymore.  You are definitely entering toddlerhood, and it makes me sad and happy at the same time.  You are getting more independent (as long as you are not hungry & not sleepy) but recently I have been really nostalgic thinking about your newborn days.  (But don’t worry, no little brothers or sisters for you for a long, looong, looooooong time.  A cousin sometime soon would be nice, though!)

07 18 10_0952

You are advanced for  your age (at least I think you are!) One funny thing you are doing is “unlocking” the door.  When we get home from riding in the car, you hold my keys for me while I am taking you out of your car seat, and I always take them back and unlock the front door. The other day, I asked for my keys back, but instead you leaned forward and tried to put the key in the deadbolt for me!

07 18 10_0944

You still wear size 4 diapers and 12-18 month clothing.  You are slimming up, so you’re not longer wearing bigger clothing.  Alot of the stuff that you are wearing right now, you’ve been wearing for several months. 

You walk probably 75-80 percent of the time now.  You are really good at it!

You still have  4 teeth.

You are on a sleep schedule that I LOVE!  You go to bed between 6:30 and 7:30 and usually wake up between 8:30 and 9:00.  You lay down for a nap around 11:00 and sleep for about an hour and a half.  Some days you take an afternoon nap around 4 for an hour or so, and some days you are good to skip that nap.  (Although those are the days you are in bed at 6:30!) And you sleep all night long, always!

You still eat anything and everything I put in front of you!

07 07 10_0889

You say “Nana” now.  Last weekend we were at her house and you walked up to her, tugged on her shorts, and said “Nana!” It was soooo cute and I know that she just loved it!

You still say “Dada” and “Mama” and “Baba” (Baxter) but that is pretty much all the words you are saying.  You go “Ehhhh?” and “Ahhhh!” alot but I’m not sure exactly what you mean!  Haha!

06 29 10_0859

You hair is gorgeous and I am going to be SO sad when you get your first haircut!  I am going to wait till after you are one year old.  It’s getting curly again (it was very curly when you were born and then it wasn’t for several months!) and the blonde curls are just too stinkin cute.

Bella is in the house a lot now and you really love her  -- and she loves you too!  You love Bax but he isn’t too sure about you yet -- sometimes you are a little rough.  But Bella will just let you crawl and hit all over her and she just lays there and licks your hair!  It’s precious and I just KNOW y’all are going to be best buds.

07 11 10_096207 11 10_0963

I have to be careful when you are in the bathroom with me.  You like to play in the toilet water.  Ew.

07 05 10_0898

You’re getting more curious by the day!  You are constantly wanting to get into something, and usually it is something that you KNOW you aren’t supposed to be messing with.  You test me every single day!

07 01 10_0913
07 01 10_0914
07 01 10_0916

Even though you are growing up and getting to be more independent, you still like for me to hold you (especially if you are getting tired) and you are a GREAT cuddler when you are getting ready for bed or when you first wake up from sleeping.  I never get tired of your head on my shoulder and arms around my neck!

You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and your daddy, and we love you with all of our hearts, C-Monster!!!

07 18 10_0959

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetie-pie. Annaleigh had a LONG stage of playing in the dog water/food, too. It was terrible trying to get her to STOP, but she finally did! (Thank God) Bo loves her and lets her do whatever to him, too. Squirt is more like Baxter...not so sure about interacting with her. He's growing up fast and it just gets better and better! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very adorable. It's crazy how quick they grow up. Popping over from Jenna's Journey.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph