Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

March Trip to Branson

Our family loves Branson. I grew up vacationing there and now I take my child there and we love it. I know I have mentioned this before, but Stephen and his family have a great timeshare deal and we have unlimited use of condos during odd years. The condos are two bedroom, two bath, with a full-service kitchen, living room, and private balcony. They also have a fold-out sofa so really they can sleep 6 people plus more on the floor if necessary.

We went up in March and met up with my in-laws. We love meeting up with them there! Stephen, Christopher and I headed up there on Wednesday, but Deanna and Leonard weren’t able to get there until Thursday. Christopher woke up super early on Thursday morning.

my text to Deanna on Thursday morning:
IMG_5822

Once they made it to town, we had lunch at Fuddruckers and then headed to Silver Dollar City! Again, we all love Silver Dollar City. We have season passes this year and I am SOOO excited about them! We had them two years ago but Christopher was really not old enough to enjoy the park.

 Riding the Tram in at SDC – EXCITED!
IMG_5824

IMG_5857

The last time I went with Christopher, he was only tall enough to ride two or three rides, and they all had to be with an adult. This year he can ride almost EVERYTHING with an adult and even a few rides by HIMSELF.

IMG_5829

IMG_5830

These frogs are bouncy and the kids love them – when we went two years ago, we were all afraid he would bounce out of them and we would keep a death grip on his shoulders from the seat behind. This year I asked him if he wanted to ride by himself or one of us to ride with him and he said “By myself!” and waved at me and walked to the corral for the line. Um, I was kind of just kidding, Kid. Stephen was like “he’s riding by himself?!?” We couldn’t believe it…but he was so proud of himself and loved it.

IMG_5844

Christopher’s set-up on the condo floor. We took Bax with us this trip and my in-laws brought their dog.
IMG_5848

This is what Christopher and PopPop do to pass time while the rest of us shop at the outlet mall.
IMG_5850

We discovered this shopping center located away from the main strip. This is just one portion of it. There’s a lot more than this there including a Super WalMart, Target, Dollar Tree, Chilis, etc.

IMG_5853


While at Bed Bath and Beyond, Christopher found this Tervis Cup and exclaimed, “Look MAMA! It’s my FAVORITE!” Stephen was so proud. And I officially give up. #woopigsooie

IMG_5856

We had a great meet-up! Nana and PopPop headed back to their house on Saturday morning, and we took our time packing and loading up the car. We decided to eat lunch at Taco Bell before heading home. While we were there, my parents texted us to say they were heading to NWA with Ty and Britney to go to the new Cabela’s store. We met them there and hung out with them for a little while and then headed back home. It was a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph