Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Card 2012

I’m so excited to share our 2012 Christmas Card!

christmascardbutton 
I’m linking up with
Faith this year!

I designed our cards this year. Last year was my first time designing our own card, and I had a few issues with it that I needed to correct for this year’s card. My biggest problem with last year’s cards was that I printed them on cardstock and even though it was thicker than regular paper, it still wasn’t that nice thick quality like when you order through Shutterfly.

This year I printed them through mpix.com and it was SO much easier than I though it would be!  I was a little worried about the picture quality because every single picture on the card was taken with either an iPhone or iPad… but they turned out great!  I was SO happy when they came in I literally squealed with joy! I will definitely be ordering through mpix in the future.

Anyway, moving on. I designed these on my laptop…which died the 2nd of December and is still dead because my husband is supposed to call about our extended warranty on it and hasn’t and probably won’t so I should probably just go ahead and put that on my to-do list for tomorrow.  Luckily I was on the ball this year and ordered our cards on November 25th! (If you know me then you know that it’s basically a miracle that I got something done that far in advance!) Had my computer died before I finished designing these I’m pretty sure I would have had a freaking stroke.  (Me + Stevo’s desktop = not friends.) SO, you’re getting a picture of it. Deal with it. :)

Front of Card:
photo 1

Back:
photo 2

Yes…the back of the card has seventeen instagram pictures of Christopher. I went a little overboard…but SERIOUSLY…he’s the cutest 3-year-old EVER.

It’s a very busy card but I really do love it. Next year I’m going to try to do something a little more low-key and maybe less traditional.

Things I love about this year’s card:
*all the pictures of Christopher – with the exception of my immediate family, all of our relatives live out of town and most of them do not read my blog or follow my instagram. i love that they can see pictures of him from all year long.
*it’s two-sided. i wanted to do that last year but didn’t know how.
*it has our dogs on it – first year to include our fur-babies since 2008, and we didn’t even have bella or jasper then.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute card and I love all of the pictures!

    Thanks for joining in the fun. I hope you have a very Merry CHRISTmas!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph