Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It’s been awhile.

Soooo.

It’s been awhile.

The reason I haven’t blogged this semester? It’s sad.

I would take my laptop to and from school every day. Most days I would pack it up from school, put it in the car, and then leave it in there overnight. It was just easier that way. In the past, most of my blogging was done in my chaise lounge, in front of the television, while Stephen and I were relaxing at the end of a long day. Not to mention, my nights are quite full, especially since the time changed and it stays light so late. My afternoons this semester have consisted of picking Christopher up from daycare, coming home and (most days at least attempting to) clean up the mess that we’d made that morning getting ready for school.  Usually there was an errand than I needed to run or I would go to Curves to work out or something that took up another hour of my afternoon. Then before I knew it, it was time to make dinner, bathe the kiddo, and get my stuff ready for the next day. Lots of nights it’s 9pm before I’m having my “me” time, so blogging just got put on the back burner, unfortunately. I hate it.

I do plan on catching up on the good ol’ blog over the summer, as well as trying to keep blogging on a semi-daily basis.  I have no idea what is in store for us this summer, but it might very possible involve moving and it better most definitely include a new job for me!

Today is my last day of student internship, which is absolutely crazy. This semester has gone by faster than ANY spring semester has in the past. I have to to a Defense/Exit Interview tomorrow in Arkadelphia, then a luncheon in Arkadelphia on Friday. Then the next Friday, I’ll graduate! So exciting. =)

Other things I’m looking forward to?  Cruising in less than three weeks, summer break, Fourth of July, swimming, tanning, spending time with my family, a small family vacation this summer (maybe just visiting a zoo or waterpark), grilling hot dogs, planning Christopher’s third birthday party (WHAT?), blogging, photographing, and sleeping in past 5:30.

It will be the first summer in five years that I am not working (Walmart), and/or pregnant/on bed rest (for four weeks with C -- July 21 till the day he was born on August 18) or taking college classes. I have a feeling I will have a busy summer as far as looking for a job and getting all set up for it (i.e. possibly moving, professional development, setting up my classroom, etc.) but as of right now there is nothing that I HAVE to do and I am SOOO looking forward to it. {Knock on wood.}

Now, for an iPhone picture dump. (No good blog is complete with it.)  Here are some randoms I’ve taken recently.

photo 1 (4)
This past Saturday, I had a much-needed girls day shopping in Hot Springs with my mom and Britney. This was the back of our car at 9 that night. Doesn’t B look happy? I got a lot of new clothes for this summer and for the cruise.

photo 2 (5)
The next day, Stephen, Christopher and I drove to Owasso to visit Stephen’s grandfather. Stephen’s mom and Leonard were also visiting with Stephen’s grandpa. Christopher was very excited about seeing everybody! He keeps growing.

photo 3 (6)
Another reason I love summer! Plants! I go crazy overboard with flowers every year. I love them! One time back at the beginning of Spring, we were in the garden center and I told Stephen to pick out a plant that he liked for the backyard. (Because then it would be even, you know, I have my plants and Stephen can’t gripe about not having any himself. Haha.) He came back to me with a tomato plant. Crazy guy. Anyway, these are my first two homegrown tomatoes! I don’t like tomatoes but I told Stephen I would try one because he swears they’re better homegrown.

photo 4 (5)
Again, crazy with plants. I’ve never been able to grow petunias before because at our old house there was no good full sun areas. There was a huge tree in our front yard and we didn’t really go in the back yard much (although there was also a huge tree back there that also shaded a large area.) I’ve always loved the way petunias look and I kept seeing different colors and varieties this Spring. I kept buying them and buying them… I have five different pots with petunias. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few more (I’m thinking red/white/blue) pop up sometime in the next few weeks.

That’s all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!
--Steph