Monday, January 28, 2013

January 2013

The month of January is almost OVER. It seems like I just blinked my eyes. Confession? It’s the 28th and our Christmas lights are still up.   ……that’s bad. Also, all (okay, MOST) of my Christmas supplies are boxed up and shoved in a corner of my living room.  They’re supposed to go to my MIL’s storage building but I was waiting until the lights came down so that we could take everything out there in one trip and have all the Christmas stuff together and not spread everywhere.  Eh.  It’s at that point where I know it’s there….but I just don’t really notice it anymore.

Mommy, I want to wear a hat… just like Bubba!


  Dog pile Bubba!

The second week of January, Stephen had a basketball tournament to cover that was 30 minutes away. He was gone every day all day (until 11ish pm) for 6 nights in a row.  I know that a lot of wives have to deal with this as a normal part of everyday life. Army wives, men who work on the road, doctors, etc. But I’m not used to it, and I was more than ready to have my husband home for the evening after nearly a week away.

I love to watch him color.IMG_5053

Christopher was sick that Saturday, out of the blue with some sort of stomach virus. Poor guy.  He spent a lot of time on the couch watching Curious George.

Sick buddy, take one.

The following week was pretty low-key.  On Thursday, Stephen and I made a last-minute decision to go to Branson for the weekend. We called up his mom and stepdad to see if they had plans and wanted to meet us there. (Branson is halfway between us and them, so it’s a perfect place for us to meet up. And since it’s an odd year, we have unlimited use of the condos there this year.)

Headed out of town!

All Lovin’ No Oven? Don’t mind if I do!

We left late Friday morning and met the in-laws in Branson. Since it’s not tourist season, there’s not much open or do. Stephen and I both needed some new jeans. Usually I buy Christopher clothes, but he didn’t need anything. Christopher stayed at the condo with his grandparents and had a blast. When we got back, it was his naptime and he wasn’t feeling well.  He was actually sick the rest of the weekend, running a fever off and on. We didn’t do much, just hung out, played cards, had a relaxing time! We came back home on Monday.

Sick buddy, weekend #2

I tried getting Christopher to the doctor on Tuesday, but it was Wednesday before I could get him in. That’s a long story I don’t ever want to repeat again. Can I just saw how incredibly irritating it is to live in a town where it’s basically impossible to get into a physicians office for a same-day appointment? Final call was an ear infection, 10 days of a prescription, and a cold, give him OTC meds for that. He stayed home from daycare all last week. We had a great time together even though he was sick… love him SO much.

Christopher passed his cold/cough/congestion on to me and Stephen. I was over it in about two days. Stephen’s been sick since Friday. I’m not sure how it’s possible that when Stephen has the same sickness that I do he always has it twice as long and twice as bad. I have many things I could say about this. I’ll choose not to.

Christopher’s room, pre toy purge. It was NOT pretty.

New Erin Condren Take Note! Notebook.
Loved my Life Planner last year, this is a bit different layout.
LOVE IT so far!


Surprise SNOW we had a few weeks ago.

I have no idea…

That’s all I’ve got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment!